They are the current, dominant figure in the gaming industry, at least in terms of console sales. They had to follow Microsoft’s strong start to E3, and many worried whether or not they would be able to achieve that.
Now, no spoilers, I’ll let you decide for yourself whether they did or not.
- The Last Guardian gameplay was shown to thunderous applause, as well as confirmation (reassurance?) that is will be released in 2016. Wow. It’s real!
- Horizon: Zero Dawn was announced as Guerrilla Games’s new IP, featuring hunting, mecha-dinosaurs and a vibe not a million miles away from Enslaved.
- A new Hitman game is coming back this December.
- Cammy and Birdie were announced as characters for Street Fighter V, as well as a beta that starts July.
- Media Molecule debut their new game Dreams. It’s a creative masterpiece where you can create a sequence of dreams using simple, intuitive tools. Confused? So are we. Intrigued? So are we.
- Destiny’s new dlc “The Taken King” was formally announced, giving a release date of September 15th, 2015, as well as showing off lots of new content. Hunter’s get a bow, Titan’s get a hammer, and Warlock’s become Pikachu.
- Firewatch, a very interesting, beautiful looking indie title will make it’s console debut on the Playstation 4.
- Final Fantasy VII is coming back. As a full remake. Fully. Remade. Please, remember to breathe.
- World of Final Fantasy, a very cutesy, aesthetically unique chibi-inspired Final Fantasy game was announced, showing chibi version of new and old characters alike.
- Shenmue 3 Kickstarter campaign…well, kicked off, live on stage. As of this article being published, $2,363,682 has been raised. The goal was $2,000,000.
- Exclusive missions available for Assassins Creed: Syndicate.
- No Man’s Sky gameplay was shown, with a promise of a release date soon.
- Playstation is the new home of Call of Duty, with a beta on it’s way, as well as dlc being released first.
- Disney Infinity 3.0 has timed exclusive content on the Playstation 4.
- Star Wars Battlefront Co-op Survival Mode was shown off, mesmerising the crowd.
- Sony ends on an Uncharted 4 Demo, which shows that Naughty Dog truly are the kings of console gaming, full stop.
Opinions? Now, don’t be shy, let us know how you feel about the above!